"To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there." Barbara Bush

"To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there."  Barbara Bush

Our Kids ... Where Has the Time Gone?

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Kassie's Place For the Next School Year












Well the day finally came. We moved Kassie into her new place. Setting up her room took way more time than I imagined. But I have to admit ... it was really fun making it her home away from home. She is definitely not suffering too much while she is there. Take a look at the pictures of her place. I didn't live so well when I was in university. :)

We met most of her roommates and they are all so cute. Totally the sweetest girls ever. Kassie will have so much fun with them. The first day we arrived, Kassie came back to the hotel with us to spend one last night with her family. The next day ... it was time for goodbyes. We all cried and hugged and it absolutely broke my heart to drive away and leave her there. Tom was surprised with how hard he struggled with it as well. You should have seen our van as we were driving down the freeway. All four of us were in tears. (Tavin had to stay at home because of a prior commitment.) After about two hours of crying ... I finally was feeling ok with everything when I reached in my bad and found five letters Kassie had written for each of us and snuck them in without me knowing. Oh boy! The tears started all over again. I couldn't even read my letter until I was home. (When Tavin read his letter the tears came hard.)

I am so glad our family is so close and we all love each other. We are definitely each others best friends. Having one away from us is hard ... but how great the "reunion" will be when we get to have everyone back home again. Thank goodness for eternal families.

No comments: