"To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there." Barbara Bush

"To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there."  Barbara Bush

Our Kids ... Where Has the Time Gone?

Monday, January 8, 2007

It Snowed!






Here is the proof! Pictures that it actually did snow here ... and that it snowed lots! (Yes Jackie ... it took me awhile ... but I finally put up the pictures.)


December 19th we woke up early to a very white view out our windows. IT SNOWED! The kids quickly got dressed and went outside to have some fun. (Tavin was not too excited because he had to miss the fun due to basketball.) The girls made snowballs, snow angels, and even a snowman (named Fred). Snowman Building 101 was interesting. The kids didn't believe that you could start out with a small snowball and roll it on the ground and it would get bigger. They thought that was only in cartoons. Haha! Anyways they realized I was right and Fred was born! He was the hit of the park ... even got his picture taken with strangers a few times.


It was so much fun, however; I soon realized my girls are desert babes. After a couple of hours of playing in the snow ... they were FREEZING! They were done with the snow and ready for some heat. And I guess that is good, seeing we are back in the mid 60's today.


P.S. - For all you Canadians ... it was about 18 degrees today! :)

1 comment:

R & T Gilchrist said...

Sorry for the lengthy delay since I've checked out your family blog! I've been so busy recently that I haven't updated our blog, or checked anyone elses it seems. Snow in Vegas? The end of the world must be upon us. It's going to be 14 degrees in Calgary on Thursday, which is CRAZY nice for this time of year.

Hope everyones doing well... gotta run, I'm kinda at work ;P

Ryan